Most of my tutorials are written using PSP X2 or PSP X3
You can download a free trial of PSP here
This tutorial was written by me on 01/28/2016.
Any resemblous or similarity to any other tutorial is coincidental. ® All rights to turorial are mine. You results are yours to do with as you will. Please do not copy my tutorial and claim it as your own.
This tutorial assumes that you have a working knowledge of PSP. I used PSP X3 to write this tutorial but it should work with other versions of PSP as well.
Tube and scrap kit are both available at Digi Divas.
~~ CT Tutorials for Digi Divas ~~
Note that you need a license no. to use the same tube I did. You can get your license number at Digi Divas, where you purchase this tube. Available Here
Matching scrap kit Michelle made by Heather's Devine Dezigns is Available here
Legend: C/P Copy Paste / D/S Drop Shadow default setting: 3 -3 58 7.92 / bg: background /
E Element / R Resize / Unsharp mask Settings: 3 30 3 (Use after resizing if the image looks grainy or blurry
I try to write my tutorials as plain and clear as possible, but if I get you confused (and, if I do, I am sorry) you can always refer back to the image we are making for reference. Also, this is just a guideline (I write where I place the elements ) but, feel free to move them around, or add different elements. Have fun and experiment, it is the best way to learn new things.
What we are Making:|
3 piece Valentine Forum Set
We are making a 3 piece forum set.
If you want to change any colors of the layers Use your manual correction tool. If you do not have it on your adjust tools you can find it at View > Customize > Unused Commands > Scroll down until you see the Manual Correction Tool. Click on it, keep selected and drag to Adjust on your tool bar.
Ok let's get started. Open up my Forum Set.
If you are making for more than yourself do not add your name yet.
- Control + D = Duplicate. Close originals. Delete watermark labels
- On the Forum Set go to the background layer. Selection > Select> Float> Defloat
- C/P Pp 3 as new layer. On paper layer, invert, then delete.
- On stripe layer Select all > Float > Defloat
- C/P Pp 9 as a new layer On paper layer invert > Delete
- On Middle heart layer Select All > Float > Defloat
- C/P pp 4 on paper layer Promote Selection to Layer. Deselect
- Repeat with the other 2 heart layers. You will need to move the paper to be placed below the heart layers.
- After you have paper on all heart layers delete the paper layer
- C/P tube R 60% Move face under the middle heart. On heart layer > Select All > Float > Defloat > Selection modify contract 4. On tube layer promote selection to layer.
- Mirror tube. Resize tube 72% Move under left heart glitter layer. Select the paper below the left heart paper layer repeat above.
- Mirror tube R 75% Move under heart glitter layer, over paper layer. Repeat above except instead of promoting to layer, invert selection on tube layer Delete. I changed the blend mode to Luminance (l) Duplicate Blend mode soft light.
- Add inner bevel to each heart frame, then add EC 5 Impact Gradient Glow Colors: #951125, #FFFFFFF, # ad872e to each one
- I only added a few elements so the FS doesn't look crowded. But, don't worry we will be adding Elements on the third part of the forum set.
- Elements I used are E 6 and E 7. (Both resized by 38%) and E 41, Free rotate 90 R. R 48% Move to lower left corner. Duplicate, mirror.
- Add your copyright and license information. Add your name
- If you want to animate don't merge any layers yet. If you do not want to animate Merge Visible (except for name) and export PNG Layer
- Font I used is FoglihtenNo07 Size 48 Color: #951125 GG D/S 2 -2 68 4.95
- Open Jasc Animation Shop
- Okay on the border layer Select All Float Defloat . If you want to animate Link Toggle 6 duplicate 2X so that there are three layers.
- On bottom frame image apply Carolaine DS-Line setting 45 5,middle border layer settings 40 4, top border setings: 35 3
- Go to glitter layer above your stripes. Duplicate twice so that you have 3 layers.
- Adjust > Add Noise > Settings: Monochrome, Guassian, Noise 75. Change noise setting on other two stripe layers to 70 and 65.
- Close off 2 of the stripes layers and 2 of the border layers, leaving only the bottom layers open.
- Copy, Merged In animation shop paste as new animation.
- Back in PSP close the bottom layers and open the middle layers. Copy Merged Paste after current animation.
- Back in psp close the middle layers and open the top layers, copy merged. Back in PSP paste after current frame.
- Save as a MNG file for further use
- File: Optimization Animated GIF File and Replace animation frames checked. Next: Click on customize optimization. Tab Color 255 colors optimized octree and error diffusion checked. Tab Optimization: Collapse Identical Frames and Map Identical Pixels Checked. Check use these settings when saving optimization settings.
- C/P name as new animation 3 times. Select All. Go to forum set select all. Paste into selection. Place your name where you want it.
- File > Save As Gif
- Select all float defloat on white heart layer.
- C/P pp 4 Paste into selection. Deselect.
- On Forum banner copy the middle tube image. Paste as new layer on avatar. Resize 80%.
- Add license and copyright info. Place your initial in the upper left corner. If you want to animate use same instruction for adding noise. And C/P in animation shop.
- Open new image 700 X 700
- Flood Fill with white.
- Select all C/P pp 1 as new layer. Crop to selection.
- Mask Sophisticate Simon mask 61 apply merge group.
- New Layer. Select All. C/P pp 9.
- Mask Sophisticate Simone Mask 52 Apply Merge Group.
- Close the white layer and both mask layers for now.
Making the Frame
Adding the Elements. Please refer to the finished tag for placement
- C/P E 77 R 80%
- C/P E 21 Free Rotate, all layers unchecked, 90 L Move under the frame layer
- Selection > Rectangle Draw a rectangle over the frame
- C/P tube R 80% X 2 (If you are using a different tube you may have to adjust this). Move under frame
- On tube layer invert crop to selection
- Change blend mode to overlay
- Merge visible R 90%
- E 4 Resize 72% X 2 then 90% Duplicate Mirror Move behind frame layer towards top of frame
- E 75 R 75% guassian blur 1. You will note that there is a visible outline at the top of this image. Erase part of it so that it blends in with picture. Place over wing on left side.
- E 13 C/P R 60% X 2 place at top left of frame
- E 51 C/P R 40% move to top left of frame.
- C/P E 44 move to bottom of canvas
- C/P E 73 R 40% Move to bottom of frame picture
- C/ P E 27 R 72% x 2 Move under frame on the right side
- C/P E 40 R 58% place below the frame rt side
- C/P E 41 R 60% X 2 place above the green flowers
- C/P E 17 Free rotate L 21.39 All layers unchecked. Unsharp Mask R 72% X 2 Move to top of red and green flowers
- C/P E 22 R 52% move to bottom of flowers.
- C/P E 23 R 75% X 2 move to left of candle
- C/P E 6 R 60% Move to bottom rt of flowers.
- C/P tube mirror R 65% X 2 Move to left of frame
- C/P E 7 R 72% move in front of tube
- C/P E 27 R 70% X 2 move to left of mushrooms
- C/P E 19 move to left of tube behind the black leaf layer
- C/P E 18 R 60% X 2 move to bottom left.
- Merge Visible. (Your mask and white bg layer should still be closed, but if they aren't please close before merging visible).
- R image 95% X 2
- Open up the mask layers. Delete the white background.
- Resize the whole canvas at this time if you want a smaller tag. (Most forums have a width, height limit) I normally resize mine to no more than 650 on the biggest side.4
- Selection Click on merge Opaque crop to selection
We are now done except for adding your copyright and license info and adding your name.
Font I used is FoglihtenNo07 Size 48 Color: #951125 GG D/S 2 -2 68 4.95 EC 5 Impact gradient glow.
Save as PNG.
All done. Thank you for trying my tutorial I hope that you liked this tutorial and, maybe, learned something new along the way. Please feel free to contact me with any questions, suggestions. Thank you, Marie
All my tutorials are written by me and any similarity to any other tutorial is purely coincidental.
Please do not claim it as your own; I retain ® all rights to same. Your results, however, are not and are yours to do with as you will.
All materials and tubes used are copyrighted to their respective owners and credit will be given if known. No copyright infringement is ever intended. If I use something that is not credited and you are the artist/creator please let me know so that I can give you credit or remove it from my site. To all artists that allow free use of thier art; Thank You!!
Images supplied with my tutorials that I have made may be shared with other groups as long as my watermark is not removed.
If there is something I have used and it is yours, please let me know so I can give you credit or take it down.
I hope that you enjoy my tutorials and if you have any questions please E-Mail me.
Tutorials registered with TWI
My Tutorials /