Puppy Love Tutorial
C/P = Copy Paste / D/S = Drop Shadow default settings: 3 -3 58 7.92
I try to write my tutorials as plain and clear as possible, but if I get you confused (and, if I do, I am sorry) you can always refer back to the image we are making for reference. Also, this is just a guideline (I write where I place the elements ) but feel free to move them around, or add different elements. Have fun and experiment, it is the best way to learn new things.
This tutorial was written by me on 06-12-2018 and is purely of my own making.
Supplies & Filters Used
- Tube: Barking Chocolate by ©Laguna available at PFD here
- Template: Puppy Love by Fired by Flammin Here
- Font: Puppy Bellies Here
- Mask: Miz_Mask-211 Here
- Filter: Kang 3 – Mercedes Jelly Bean (This filter comes with the newer versions of Paint Shop Pro
- Settings: size x: 182, size y: 129, shape: 229,
- Light Forming 1: 18, Light Forming 2: 245 Light Forming 3: 112
- Shift light: 206 control , 87
If you do not know where or how to access this tool: (Go to View> Customize >at the bottom of the category tab choose all commands on the right hand side find Manual Color Correction highlight it and drag and drop it on your toolbar or another place of your choosing.
Once you start using this tool you will wonder how you got along without it.
- Open Template Puppy Love by Fire by Flamin Shift D to duplicate – Close original
- Delete credit layer
- Working from the bottom layerup
- First color listed is the original template layer color, second color is what we are changing the color to.
- If you are using s different tube or image please adjust your colors accordingly
- Layer 1 – Manual Color Replacer – Back Circle: from #e0bba0 to #b8551a
- Apply Xero – Fritillary filter with default settings
- Layer 2 Manual Color replacer: from #90a7d8 to #b78662
- Apply Coraline and Sensibility CS -LDots default settings
- C/P tube (If using the same one I am Resize by 40%) place image over layer 2 circle to your liking (See my tag for reference)
- Change Blend Mode to Soft Light or one that you like better
- Layer 4 : If using the same tube I am C/P bg1 from the tube image resize by 40%
- Select all, float, defloat, on layer 4. Make paper layer active > choose promote selection to layer.
- Close paper layer for now (Not the one promoted) and send to bottom layer.
- Back on promoted layer: Apply Kang 3 Mercedes Jelly Bean with above stated settings.
- Layer 5 (The 3 tiny hearts ) Manual Color Replacer: from #f8dbe9 to #ae523a
- Apply Inner Bevel with these settings:
- Add drop shadow and move hearts under the word art – puppy love
- On layer 7 use the same manual color replacer with the previous setting
- Apply Crescent Moon – Fade Out with above settings
- Back on Layer 6 Manual Color Correction: from #c0c0c0 to 4d251a
- Add the Kang 3 filter with same settings
- Duplicate (This is important or the heart layer won’t turn out right)
- On the Larger heart add a nice double glow (I used EC 5 with these settings:
- Now back to the duplicated heart apply the same gradient glow setting (Make sure it is on the duplicated layer) Change Blend mode to soft light
- Apply IB with previous settings changing color to: #ad7850
- Copy/ Paste the Woof from the tube Resize by 30% Move to left Apply Unsharpen Mask Settings 3 30 3
- On the word art layer change Puppy Love from #707070 to #ec7a22
- Apply a nice IB and a soft white gradient glow
- On the other word art layer change the color to a darker color: I used #4d251a
- Back on your tube image close off everything but the decoration in the lower left corner.
- Copy merged > Copy / paste onto the tag (You won’t be able to see it at first – go to objects – align – top)
- Resize by 30% place to left lower corner under the word art.
- Open the paper layer apply a mask of your chose I used Miz Mask 180
- close or delete the white background layer
- Add your copyright info and name save as PNG and you are done.